Thursday, February 23, 2012

Mountain View Farm


Sometimes we bid for postcards just from viewing the catalogue. It’s risky, but yesterday some cards arrived that we were very pleased with; a collection of postcards from the US. First off is a postcard of Mountain View Farm, Lee, Mass, sent in 1904. The correspondence is interesting as the writer is discussing the postcard itself:

 “I think these are just right & I am going to colour some of them charge more. Don’t you think we should get 5cts for the coloured ones? Thank you so much for giving them to us”

 I’ve tried to find the farm today but I don’t think that it exists anymore.

Here is a link to our ebay store section on postcards from the US and Canada. You can be sure that we’ll be adding more interesting postcards very soon.

4 comments:

Tawnya Shields said...

I grew up on a farm as a young girl and this gives me a comfy cozy feeling. :)

Anji said...

Tawnya: me too!

A Lady's Life said...

thanks they are very nice

Anji said...

A lady's Life: Thank you - glad you liked them