Thursday, April 26, 2007

The Sugar Loaf


This is a card from very early in the 20th century. I presume that the sugar loaf was a memorial of some sort. I’ve not been able to find out much about it. All I found was a later card for sale on eBay. There were no people in charming clothes and telegraph poles had been erected. My card is better!

I was pleased to see a comment from Alec Millard of Cherryland Postcards. He’s got a lovely postcard site with very different cards to mine. He’s chosen the same blogger background as me - a man of taste.

2 comments:

Willow said...

I was wondering why they found it necessary to put a fence around it. Maybe my taste in monuments are bit different than the ones putting up the sugar loaf... If you do find out more about it, please keep us informed :-)

Anji said...

Willow: I hadn't thought about the fence. Perhaps it was to stop dogs using it as a toilet?